Hazardous Area Installation Services
We provide DSEAR & ATEX hazardous area site compliance and hazardous area installation services, covering areas consisting of:
- Combustible Dusts
- Explosive Gases and Vapours
- Intrinsically Safe Systems
Our team of highly trained Hazardous Area Installation engineers and technicians have specialist expertise in hazardous areas through undertaking years of high level training such as CompEx Ex01-Ex04, Ex05-Ex06, Ex11 and Ex12 to ensure your assets remain compliant. By following the protection concepts of d’, ‘e’, ’n’ and ’i’ as defined by BS EN 60079 17.14, we leave you with the confidence that your facility is safe.
Our team has over 50 years of project experience in providing turnkey solutions in hazardous area installation across a broad sector of industries. From full turnkey project management across Electrical, Instrumentation and Mechanical including civil disciplines. With a dedicated team of professionals, we bring knowledge and practical know-how to any electrical project regardless of size, ensuring the Ex installation is compliant with global regulations such as DSEAR/ATEX/NEC.
HAZARDOUS AREA LIGHTING
Lighting is one of the most used electrical systems within any organisation. It’s paramount that the correct Design, Installation, and maintenance is undertaken, especially regarding a Hazardous Area Installation; F.E.S. engineer new designs, upgrade existing systems and maintain current systems within hazardous areas.
By installing the correct hazardous area lighting system such as Ex rated LED light fittings that are maintenance friendly, Clients are able to significantly reduce overall resources due to the reduction in maintenance time along, with improving their energy efficiency ratings.
With access to the highest quality Hazardous Area approved Ex fittings, our field engineers install lighting schemes within client’s facilities that they know will stand the test of time and comply with the necessary legislative requirements.
Our services include:
- Hazardous Area Installation of LED Lighting Upgrades – we can offer a free initial lighting design
- Emergency Lighting
- High and Low Bay Lighting
- External Lights
- SMART Energy Efficient Lighting Controls – including motion detecting lights
We carry out any works professionally and with minimal disruption to your project or every-day business. All of our “CompEx” qualified field technicians have the most up to date qualifications, are experienced in safely working at height and are well equipped to deliver hazardous area lighting clients will be proud to have.
As NICIEC Approved Contractors every hazardous area installation is carried out to the highest standards.
LOW VOLTAGE/HIGH VOLTAGE
Cutting edge Hazardous Area installations ranging from control panels to full distribution systems; some of our additional Low Voltage power distribution services include:
- Low Voltage Switchgear
- Circuit Upgrades
- Power factor correction
- UPS systems
- Power control systems
- Generator switchgear
- Generator control panel
- Power quality analysis
- Procurement of materials & fabrication
- Cable support systems & containment
- Motor Control Centre (MCC) installations
- Earthing systems & lightning protection installations
- Thermal imaging surveying
F.E.S. (EX) deliver High Voltage (HV) solutions within explosive atmospheres through extensive technical experience within a range of sectors. We provide HV authorised persons who are capable of preparing and issuing the relevant documentation, permits and isolation certificates, as well as HV switching programs.
We collaborate with our clients to provide maintenance solutions tailored to suit individual requirements as all HV networks must be inspected and maintained on a regular basis.
Our services include:
- Support Senior Authorised Personnel
- Jointing and Terminating
- Switchgear and Transformer Installation
- Protection Studies
- Testing and Commissioning
- Maintenance of existing HV Systems
F.E.S. offer you the complete heat trace package, from full trace heating system design and product manufacturing, to trace heating installation, testing and commissioning within hazardous areas. Whether its pipe frost protection or complex process plant systems we have the expertise to deliver.
DUST CONTROL & LEV SYSTEMS
We have the ability to design, manufacture and install Dust Control and Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Systems. We operate in all major manufacturing industries where dust and airborne contamination arise.
It is a legal responsibility to ensure occupational protection of airborne contaminants in the workplace and external atmosphere. These are now defined in relevant assessment and testing approved codes of practice which govern the hazard classification. As an independent specialist we impartially design, select and deliver the best suited filtration solution for the application. This plant is usually incorporated into a bespoke manufactured scheme to produce the most efficient and reliable installation.
Our team of qualified technicians provide a cost effective and efficient range of bespoke services, from on site or work shop calibrations to preventative maintenance through planned shutdown support or a scheduled yearly programme to ensure your assets are compliant within hazardous areas.
Our Instrumentation services can be completed alongside our Electrical and Mechanical works to provide cost and time saving solutions:
Field calibrations and workshop calibrations services are available for all forms of measurement, including; pressure, temperature, level, flow, weight, pH, conductivity, and all other electrical equipment.
• SMART transmitter calibration
• Control Valve and Block valve stroke checks
• Instrument Functional Testing
• Alarm & Interlock Testing
• Planned Maintenance support
• Corrective Maintenance support
• Planned shutdown/outage support
• Site audits & Loop Checking
• QA checks on installed equipment
• Pre- commissioning checks
• Supply, installation & commission
• Small bore piping
• Outage resource
• Hazardous Area Inspections/ Rectifications completed by our “CompEx” qualified technicians
FIRE ALARM & CCTV SYSTEMS
As electrical contractors with over 50 years of experience in hazardous area installation, we engineer designs and installations of modern electrical fire and security systems to match the exact needs of each facility and address any issues or potential risks businesses may face within Hazardous locations.
- Design – Our hazardous area trained personnel have the ability to design a bespoke Fire Alarm / CCTV system to work with client facilities. Due to originating from the Hazardous world, our technical knowledge of hazardous areas ensures we design a system that works for the client but also within the confines of legislative requirements
- Hazardous Area Installation – With a team of highly trained “CompEx” technicians and NICEIC approved contractor status clients are assured that the installation of their new system is of the highest quality
- Maintenance – Through a service level agreement or contract clients can be confident that their Fire Alarm/ CCTV system is maintained to the correct standards through our team of EX technicians
- Access Control
- Intruder Alarm
- Door Entry
Network cabling is the backbone to support technology in any business. Our team of engineers design, install & maintain structured network cabling systems within hazardous locations.
Our data cabling services include:
- Data cabling – Cat5e, Cat6 and Cat6a
- Fibre optic cabling
- Cabinet tidy and cable health checks
- Flood wiring for commercial and industrial buildings
- Integrated voice and data networks
- Fibre Optic Splicing
- Data centre cabling
- Local area network (LAN) data wiring
- Structured cabling network testing and fault finding
- Network Auditing
- Telephone Switch Installation